Kenneth Estrera, MD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical School. He specializes in hip and knee replacement, minimally invasive knee replacement, anterior hip replacement, partial knee replacement, and complex and revision joint reconstruction with additional expertise in the management of periprosthetic joint infections.Publications & PresentationsView Full Profile
- Since I'm an active senior who needed to be able to drive quickly after surgery, Dr. Estrera assured me I would be driving within two weeks following my knee replacement. Of course it was conditional on whether I did my PT regularly, but I was, in fact, able to drive within two weeks of my first knee replacement. He also recommended that I could have my second knee replacement eight weeks after the first, which I did. I highly recommend Dr. Kenneth Estrera and his team of professionals. They are detailed in their communications, prompt to respond to phone calls, and Dr. Estrera even gave me his personal mobile phone number and answered my calls and texts promptly. He uses Medical City Frisco hospital and I greatly appreciated a private room with excellent nursing care, not to mention the delicious gourmet food they serve.
Carole C., Google
- Who would think total hip replacement would be such an enjoyable experience. I found Dr. Estrera through my Insurance, he stood out with all 5 star reviews so I contacted his office for an appointment, and they were able to get me in quickly. I was so impressed with Dr. Estrera's kind demeanor and knowledge. What doctor gives you his cell number after the first appointment? He did! His office staff was equally as kind and professional.
Christina G., Google
- I was referred to Dr. Estrera by another one of my physicians who suggested I get a second opinion. I was so impressed, I scheduled my total knee replacement right away, and truth be told, I went to this appointment with no intentions of doing the TKR.
Marylee J., Google
- Dr. Estrera is a talented professional who demonstrates that he cares how his patients view his services. He has encouraged me to call him whenever I had a question or problem and given me his personal contact information. I trust him with my care. Thank you Dr. E.
- I was referred to Dr. Estrera by another specialist after reviewing my MRI results. I was barely mobile and in a great deal of pain at that point. I met with Dr. Estrera to review my options, and surgery was the right choice for me and my condition. Dr. Estrera performed two hip replacement surgeries (the second hip replacement occurred after I recovered from the first surgery). He sincerely brought me back to life. Though I was nervous about the surgery, Dr. Estrera and team ensured all my questions, concerns, etc. were addressed. Dr. Estrera checked up on me before and after my surgeries in person, as well as via phone for a few days after I was discharged from the hospital. He really cares about his patients, their recovery and wellbeing. I cannot say enough great things about my entire experience in a less than ideal situation. I am now back to doing all the things I use to do, including riding my Peloton and going for long walks/hikes.
Lori T., Google
- Dr. Estrera is an excellent surgeon. I had a complicated knee revision and he was always concerned, willing to help and answer all my questions. I am able to walk without the use of a cane or walker for the first time in many years. I highly recommend Dr. Estrera and his staff.
- I didn't want to have knee replacement surgery (who does, right?) but Dr. Estrera and his team made what could be a very traumatic experience less so.
From the first appointment, through the actual surgery, to the end of physical therapy was a great experience every step of the way. Dr. Estrera was always available for questions and concerns and the staff was helpful.
- Dr. Estrera and the staff at TMI have been nothing short of amazing!! Dr Estrera is extremely knowledgeable and I could tell right away that I had complete confidence in his ability to take care of me. I needed a hip replacement at 38 years old and on my very first visit he gave me his card and wrote his cell phone number on the back and told me to call him anytime I needed anything. That immediately showed me that he cared for his patients and he truly wants to help you get better. I had my hip replacement 6 months ago and I’ve never felt better!!! I wish I had done it sooner!!! I would recommend Dr Estrera and the therapy team at TMI to everyone I know!!!
Cassi R., Google
- Where do I start? From day one Dr Estrera and his entire team made me feel like my health needs were their highest priority. This culture was present from my very first meeting until I was discharged from the hospital (Frisco Medical Center was amazing also) and continued in my followup meeting. Being an out of town patient obviously added to the challenges but did not diminish the quality of care I received. At two weeks I operated a bulldozer for a couple of hours (you have to steer it with your legs and feet...Doc kinda chastized me a bit for that move...:-) at a month I climbed stairs to the third floor of a building, Pain was always managed well. I would give 15 stars to Doc and staff were it an option!!!
Frank B., Google
- Dr. Estrera was friendly, informative and very professional during my first visit. He explained my problem and options for care thoroughly and completely. He provided extensive information about the surgery and instructions on how to prepare.
Richard W., Google
- I'm 67 years old and had a TKR a little over a year ago. I am so pleased with the outcome. Snow skied this winter (2022), hit the slopes pretty hard, and felt better than I had in 15 years. If I end up needing to replace my other knee will definitely go back to Dr. Estrera.
Claude H., Google
- Dr. Estrera has excellent clinical and surgical skills. He listens, answers questions directly, and is genuinely interested in your recovery. Would not hesitate to return to him if joint replacement surgery is needed in the future.
Stewart H., Google
- TMI Sports Med, meeting Dr. Kenneth Estrera, and staff has changed my life for the better. He is one of the most understanding Dr.'s I've ever meet, and he's very concerned on how your doing and how your being treated.
Latricia T., Google
- Dr. Estrera is the absolute best orthopedic surgeon. He is caring and showed genuine concern for my situation. He shared his cell phone number with me on our first visit in case I ever had questions I could contact him directly. He worked with my work schedule and helped me to get both of my knees replaced in one summer (I am a teacher), but did it with my overall safety and well being in mind.
Candice M., Google
- Dr Estrera is awesome! Very knowledgeable but down-to-earth and easy to interact with. Performed a thorough physical exam and discussed the findings with me. In no way did he rush me during the appointment and he was happy to answer any and all questions I had regarding my knee. He laid out all of the treatment options, discussed the pros and cons of each option, and ultimately left the decision up to me.
David B., Google
- At 8 weeks post op, I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Estrera. He is by far the most compassionate and caring doctor I’ve ever met. After dealing with knee problems for almost 2 years, he immediately put me at ease and comfortable enough to have my knee replaced. He always takes his time with me and answers all of my questions.
Elizabeth A., Google
- Dr Estrera is THE BEST DOCTOR!!! He is extremely caring, knowledgeable, professional, thoughtful, available, helpful, nice, kind, understanding, friendly. He’s OUTSTANDING in every way. Dr Estrera makes sure that you know and understand the entire process. He did total knee replacement surgery on each knee. The entire process was perfect in every way both times.
Beth D., Google
- I recommend Dr. Estrera to everyone I meet--in fact, I carry a handful of his business cards to hand out. Even though I had to drive from Oklahoma City to Dallas for the minimally invasive full knee replacement, it was worth every mile!
Billye P., Google
- Dr. Kenneth Estrera is one of the best orthopedic doctors and joint replacement specialist surgeons in the country. We are fortunate to have him available to us in the DFW Metroplex and North Texas area. I have now had two total knee replacements done by him and could not be happier with the outcome.
Carla M., Google
- Dr. Estrera took the time to walk me through exactly how my hip would be replaced and answered my questions. He checked on me often and provided an easy method to contact him 24/7 if I had an issue. He did a great job. I highly recommend him!
James M., Google
- Dr Estrera did my knee replacement in April. I’ve had a great experience with my total recovery. Dr Estrera is very caring in all areas with his patients. I would highly recommend him! Great surgeon!
Denise W., Google
- Dr Kenneth Estrera is a most gracious and most excellent orthopedic surgeon. He replaced my left hip in March 2018 with great care presurgery, in surgery, and post surgery. I highly recommend Dr Estrera.
Wanda N., Google
- Dr. Estrera did the total knee replacement on my right knee in October 2017 as a UTSW physician and did such a fantastic job, I wanted to make sure he did the left one as well. So, April 2018; I followed him to his new practice in Frisco and he did another fantastic job. I am glad that he didn't move to New Jersey. :)
Dee C., Google
- Dr. Estrera has completed surgery on both my right & left knees. His expertise has allowed me to be very comfortable doing all the things I was doing before I had the knee replacements. He is very professional and a skilled surgeon.
Rita C., Healthgrades
- very happy with all phases and pleased with knee replacement.
Jerry M., Healthgrades
- This 70 year old golfer wanted to continue to play, and also climb stairs, travel and walk comfortably...
Dana B., Healthgrades
- Dr Kenneth Estrera is a magnificent human being as well as a top orthopedic surgeon! He was so gracious pre and post surgery...
Wanda N., Healthgrades
- Dr. Estrera is an amazing doctor and human being. He has consistently been most profession and encouraging...
Tommye P., Healthgrades
- I have has both knees replacements done in the last 8 months and could not offer a higher recommendation than Dr. Estrera.
Dee C., Healthgrades
- I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Estrera to anyone looking for an orthopedic surgeon. In addition to being an excellent surgeon...
Sharon B., Healthgrades
Joint replacement is a surgical procedure performed to replace the damaged joint with the artificial implants.Read More
Revision hip or knee replacement is a complex surgical procedure performed in individuals who already had knee or hip replacement surgery...Read More